Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cats In A Hot Tin Roof: Drop It Like It's Hot!

"All she wants to do is dance..."
Don Henley

If your current life finds you in Atlanta, Georgia in the vicinity of Tin Roof Cantina and you wander in on a Wednesday night, beware - you just might wake up to more than another day.

Thank God.  I discovered the Mike Veal Band on the arms of a crappy marriage that shared nothing more than a love of music and watching everyone else have fun.  We drowned our sorrows and smiled through our favorite cover songs.  I think we danced a few times, but it never felt right.

Shit happens.  And the only way to get rid of shit is to take a dump.  So, I took a big dump and moved on.  I feel much better, thank you.

But lo and behold, the universe does not revolve around me.  I'm still in shock.  You mean it isn't my job to save the world?  Really?  Well, damn.  Now what?

Fortunately and unfortunately, like attracts like.  Everyone I know is on the edge of something - trying to figure out where to go from here and looking back for clues as to what keeps getting in the way. 

I love it.  Even when it sucks.

After all, a circle of influence will never contain anything other than what you need or ask for when you need or ask for it.  It's called the law of attraction, and I am definitely attracting everything I need and, on some level, am asking for.

I'm also in the fast lane right now...desperately avoiding a familiar exit that leads to a little town called "Search and Rescue."  I've been there so many times, I could drive blindfolded and still find my way around.

I'm very good at feeling my way actually, but seeing as how I don't want to wreck my new car I recently yanked the blindfold off in hopes that I might see more clearly where I've been going. 

Whoa.  I'll be damned.  The writing on the wall.  The one that says:

STOP TRYING TO SAVE US YOU ARROGANT FUCKING MORON
SAVE YOUR OWN DAMNED SELF
WE'RE ALL JUST YANKING YOUR CHAIN ANYWAY

Ain't that some shit?  And they're right.  I've been yanked around enough and it's my own damned fault.

The next time you get pissed off because someone is yanking your chain...back it up and get real! You let them do it.

So, I'll just fix my ass on the dance floor.  I can back it up and drop it like it's hot...and if I get too low, someone I can see will pick it right back up! 

Cats in a hot tin roof are friendly like that!

KS:  Where are those damned earplugs?
RL:  Here, you can borrow mine!



1 comment:

  1. Whoa. I'll be damned. The writing on the wall. The one that says:


    STOP TRYING TO SAVE US YOU ARROGANT FUCKING MORON
    SAVE YOUR OWN DAMNED SELF
    WE'RE ALL JUST YANKING YOUR CHAIN ANYWAY

    I love this. It's a balance, eh? Someone said, know when to put skin in the game.
    In other words on the dart board of life if you Have 3 people who are your dearest friends and would be there for you no mater what, then why would you put the people who are 7 levels OUTSIDE your inner circle of 3 best friends (in the Inner Circle) Too Much Skin in the Wrong Game. (impressing is depressing and too much skin in the wrong game is putting yourself in emotional, spiritual, mental and often financial DEBT) I know. That used to be my BLIND Spot.

    ReplyDelete